Friday, January 11, 2013

New Year, New Everything...I'll Try

Yes, it's a new year, everyone. I know people have infinitely worse problems and issues than me, but I've been dealing with loss and grief, identity crises, and depression. The latter hasn't gotten severe but close. So I will try to write some interesting posts and maybe some posts filled with things that help me through. I see all of the art in the world; I just don't see the possibilities. I think that's part of a depressive state. I also want to make it clear that I refuse to take medication at this point. I am not pulling a Tom Cruise, ladies and gents, because I do believe in taking what you need to take to function. I have seen many cases in which medication was absolutely necessary, some in my own family. But for now, for me, I abstain. I think that getting healthier physically (for sure) and mentally will do the trick. I just need a kick in the butt to start, really. And that's the HARDEST part. Finally, for now, I hate cheesy articles about depression that say "get more sunshine" and "laugh more" but this article did actually address a lot of the things I'm struggling with.
*For example, I forced myself out to this outdoor coffee shop type place. See the photo. Me trying to look chipper.* Have a wonderful day, everyone...

1 comment:

  1. Roller Derby! I think that you are in the "perfect" city for it. It's a great way to meet some cool women, learn something new, and get some great exercise in. If you're not ready to jump face first, then they might have a training program or derby light, so you can get your feet wet first, before committing to anything just yet. it's changed my life for the better. :)

    ReplyDelete