Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hanging out at Genuine Joe's and having some decaf. A drink I rarely drink in a hood I'm rarely in. It's a nice change. I went to a knitting club in a side room here (this cafe is in a house, really, with little side rooms) and the women were really nice. I did feel, however, that just like a date there was no "spark" and since it's also quite far for me, I never went back. Hmm, wonder what those ladies are knitting these days. As for myself, I'm an embroiderer mostly, just like my grandmother. It's meditative and has been therapeutic for the last couple of years.
Have you ever noticed that when you try to make changes there's always a lil residual "old stuff" that comes out, even when you thought you had fully transitioned through to the new change? Yeah, that's what I'm experiencing now. Fighting, old patterns, habits, etc. have come out of my ever-persevering struggle to change and move forward. Sigh, keep pushing.
In other news, I will take photos of our condo's transformation (lots of transformations going on in Casa Caiano) from skanky cement floor to fabulously lustrous wood floor. We did the spare bedroom and it looks great. We had a lot of gaps though and have to be much more careful with the living room. This flooring is relatively inexpensive and easy to install yourself, if slightly annoying and tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment