Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Economize Me

Last night, I went to a networking event for women at a swanky Midtown bar. While walking to the downstairs event area, I noticed the groups of cliches, er, men in suits chugging down shots. I guess that happens in happy hour bars all over NYC, particularly in Midtown. I felt as though I was in a movie though. A cheesy movie.
The networking event was actually painless and everyone was quite nice and articulate. I met women in all types of industries with all types of personalities. But one thing was dauntingly clear. The economy has hit us all. IS HITTING, I should say. It's affecting me, but it's also affecting lawyers, analysts, human resource administrators, and well, even Mary Kay representatives! (I know, that last one isn't exactly the shocker of the season).
It can be very discouraging, but I know that we all need to be resourceful and positive.
I sure as hell am trying.

My first story of economizing me is trying not to spend so much $$$ on meals! The East Village Taunts one with sights and smells (some not so good, admittedly), and I am weak! My average lunch is $10 ranging up to $15 which is too much for an unemployed lady. I am vowing to eat at home more and shop in the grocery store for things on sale. (and not just go back to my cheap staple, ramen...variety is the spice of life...and nutrition...)

Send me your stories of economization at chevytothelevyfilms@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment