Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Workin' Woman

So I'm at Job 2 and going strong...er, well sort of.
First let me get this article off my chest. Definitely a different argument but overall insanity:
http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/09/10/palin/

This whole Sarah Palin thing breaks my heart a bit. Hilary had her issues, this I know, but I was so excited that she could have been Pres. Now out of nowhere we have another woman figure, but instead, of course, we get a gun toting, conservative, bible thumping, anti-abortion, "pitbull with lipstick". Oy vey. It's kind of like a nightmare that I wish i could wake up from.
I really want to back a female in such a potentially high up position, but come on now. Just come on. This is just enough.
Whewww. I feel slightly better. Sorry to bring up the whole politics thing.

More importantly, it's devastating to see the damage all of these hurricanes as of late have caused in places like Haiti and Cuba, and more. Not everyone can just evacuate. My heart goes out to all affected.

Not to make too much of a subject jump (but I will), it's nice to get offers workwise but I'm pretty busy these days. Thankful, but busy. I'm trying to get a few paintings started on top of it, but we'll see.

Until then I'll leave you with this image:

No comments:

Post a Comment