Saturday, February 9, 2013

Yum

Tried the parfait recipe on Soy Free Vegan:

It was really satisfying. It contains agave nectar which I have heard is "bad" but it was better than eating a tub of ice cream. Lol.

I used a crappy old bullet blender and too little chocolate but it was still quite delicious and very filling. It's amazing how creamy avocados and soaked raw cashews can get. Mmm.
More things I'd like to try in the near future:

Vegan Cheese That's Actually Good (not a fan of Daiya- but this is a good article)

Vegan Pizza Monkey Bread! (--I'd like to use another type of flour though - hmm)

I also cooked some pasta last night that was made from Quinoa, Amaranth, and Brown Rice. Sounds horrid, right? But it was good! Finally, a decent-tasting pasta alternative! And it didn't make me feel heavy and inflamed after. Amazingness.

I just added some marinara sauce, sauteed onions, and lots of garlic and spices. The brand of pasta was "tru-Roots" and I can firmly recommend it. A lot of the others are crap. There, I've said it. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment